This villa is the result of the eclectic late baroque transformation of a pre-existing 18th century building owned by the D’Adda family. The first reconstruction was carried out between 1840 and 1845, following the design of Giuseppe Balzaretto. Renamed Villa Borromeo d’Adda, the building was later completed by Emilio Alemagna, the architect of the Sempione Park in Milan; he was also responsible for the large garden - now open to the public - which surrounds theVvilla. Since 1980 the estate has been a municipal property. It is possible to visit the chapel, which contains sculptures by members of the Vela family.