Tucked away in a corner near the San Giorgio water mills, the stone bridge enables walkers to cross the River Lambro at the northernmost point where it flows into Monza Park.
Designed by Luigi Canonica and built in 1805 it is documented as the oldest bridge of the four present in the Park.
The arched bridge is covered with ceppo del Lambro (a characteristic local stone) and is balanced on four spans, each of which was originally equipped with iron gates to prevent the wild game from escaping.
Surrounded by an isolated dense wooded strip, the bridge is an excellent location for birdwatching enthusiasts who, in addition to observing the wildlife, can also listen and recognize the different sounds.
After fifty years of neglect the bridge was restored to its original splendour in 2005.