Parrocchia di S. Margherita

The church was granted parish rights originally by San Carlo Borromeo in 1571. When the old church building (now the hall of the Don Bosco Sunday school) became insufficient for the congregation, a new church was built between 1930 and 1933 – projected in the Lombardian neo-romanesque style by the engineer Antonio Casati. Inside the church there are relics of Saint Gervaso, Protasio, Margherita and Ambrogio.

Also worthwhile are: a lombardian baroque balustrade, a 16th century fresco of the Blessed Virgin and Saint John the Baptist and Saint Margaret from an earlier primitive church, and a 1938 wooden crucifix by sculptor Silvio Monfrini – whose works can also be found in the town’s graveyard.