Built in the 14th century close to the Visconti castle, of which only a tower on the river remains, was the seat of the Humiliati friars, also known as “Casa di Bernareggio”. It occupied an area extending from the Via di Strada, main road to Milan now named via Italia, to the river Lambro in the south-east direction.
The actual church, with a single nave and two lateral chapels, was erected at the beginning of the 17th century, changing the original form influenced by the Benedictine nuns.
In 1859 the complex, extended and partially rebuilt, was again occupied as a female monastery by the nuns named Adoratrici Perpetue del SS. Sacramento.