Villa Casati Stampa, which is now the town hall of Muggiò, is a neoclassical building designed between 1790 and 1796 by the famous Austrian architect Leopold Pollack.
The house was built on a pre-existing sixteenth-century structure. At the centre of one of the longer sides of the villa, Pollack inserted a cylindrical section with an elliptical base jutting out into the park; opposite this feature, but on the other side, he placed the entrance portico.
The villa was crowned by an extensive park of more than twenty thousand square metres (nearly five acres), designed as an English landscaped garden with great attention being paid to a complementary relationship with the architectural design of the house itself. Today, the park has been transformed and laid out as a sports ground.