Monza is a kids-friendly city! There are many child-friendly spaces, full of surprises and events suitable for children of all ages and ideal to spend the day with the family. From the wonderful Park of Monza to animated readings in libraries, and from the game-tours at Monza’s Musei Civici to the theatre shows for children, kids can release their fantasy and creativity.
Below you’ll find a selection of sites where you can find cultural and artistic events to have fun with your family around the city.
- Starting from the center of Monza, we recommend the new Musei Civici of Monza, with playful tours and creative labs, which give the children the possibility to have fun with art;
- The Biblioteca per Ragazzi “Al segno della Luna” organizes many events and animated readings, also in English, just like the Biblioteca San Gerardo, Biblioteca Cederna and Biblioteca San Rocco;
- The theatrical shows for children at Teatro Manzoni, at Binario 7 and at Teatro Triante;
- You can’t miss the Duomo di Monza and the guided tour of the Chapel of queen Theodelinda, decorated with a pictorial cycle of the 15th century, dedicated to the Lombard queen Theodelinda and her court: admire the feasts, hunt scenes, travels, battles, weapons and armors, clothes and hairstyles and discover what the life of a real queen was like. Inside the Chapel a precious and intriguing object is guarded: the famous Iron Crown which has enclosed the heads of the kings of the past;
- The Autodromo Nazionale Monza also offers sensational opportunities to share with your children: here you can take tours of the track to discover the historic and famous Circuit, theatre of legendary motor challenges, discovering the most emotional areas of the Autodromo, just like the real pilots, visiting the Press room, the Paddocks, the boxes and also the award podium;
- Last but not least, the wonderful green area of the Park of Monza,an ideal place where children can play surrounded by nature. Discover the aristocratic villas, the old farms and mills passing through woods, irrigation ditches, and the Lambro River. Relax in the pic-nic areas with playgrounds for children. Don’t miss the tour in the ‘trenino’, the ecological creative labs at Cascina Mulini Asciutti and the animals at the San Giorgio farm.